What is in the mind of the jazz musician when improvising?
- How much of what you play is creative inspiration, and how much are practiced licks?
- How do you learn the language of jazz?
- What should you practice?
- Jazz Tactics answers these questions and many more.
- Jazz Tactics is comprised of a 240-page book and 100-minute DVD featuring trumpeter and author Chase Sanborn. Chase speaks with the insight of a life-long jazz musician, and teaches with clarity and a sense of humor. He tells you what you need to know, and shows you the simplest way to go about learning it. Jazz Tactics offers an approach to jazz improvisation that is both comprehensive and comprehensible. It provides information and tips for all instruments and all levels. Jazz will seem a lot less mysterious after you’ve read this book!
- brings the written text to life, as the Chase Sanborn Quartet takes the viewer on a guided tour into the world of jazz music. With simple, clear explanations and musical examples, they show how musicians use the language of jazz to communicate. Special features include tips for the rhythm section and PDF files of all the musical examples, transposed for all instruments. Whether you are a student, teacher or jazz listener, you’ll gain insight into the process of improvisation and the mind of the jazz player.
- Jazz Tactics is a comprehensive resource for anyone wishing to expand his or her understanding of jazz music. As you read the book and watch the DVD, many things will become clear. You’ll find yourself asking “Why didn’t anybody explain it like this before?” You’ll be entertained, you’ll be enlightened, and you’ll come away with a greater understanding and appreciation for jazz music and jazz musicians.
- Click the links below for more information. Dealer inquires welcome.