Bios & Quotes
CHASE SANBORN BIO
Jazz trumpeter and Yamaha Artist Chase Sanborn is originally from the NY area, and is an alumnus of the Berklee College of Music in Boston. Based in Toronto since 1981, Chase is a veteran session musician, recording artist and a mainstay of the bustling music scene in Toronto. Chase has toured or performed with Ray Charles, Aretha Franklin, Diana Krall and many other jazz and pop artists.
A dedicated and celebrated music educator, Chase Sanborn is an Assistant Professor in Jazz Studies at the University of Toronto. His instructional books and videos (Jazz Tactics / Brass Tactics / The Brass Tactics 660 Routine / Tuning Tactics / Music Business Tactics) have garnered universal praise for their insightful and entertaining approach to playing and teaching music.
- “Chase Sanborn’s passion for music is obvious. His performance was an inspiration to hundreds of festival participants.”
- “Chase addresses the needs of developing musicians in a manner that is understandable and relevant. My students were thrilled to work with a musician who understands their learning curve.”
- “Jazz Tactics is packed with honesty and humor. It speaks to all musicians regardless of age and experience, with the vitality and spirit of a live teaching session.”
- “Brass Tactics conveys the concentrated essence of years of instruction. It offers authoritative instruction, balanced with sage advice.”
- “Tuning Tactics teaches you to listen. It explains, in an easy to understand way, the complexities of intonation. I’ve witnessed strong improvement in my students’ awareness of pitch.”
- “Music Business Tactics will help you succeed in music and in life. Chase Sanborn gets right to the heart of what you need to know. This is a must-read for every musician, regardless of instrument or previous experience.”
- “I think Chase Sanborn could teach anything to anybody!”